If your business involves the importing/exporting of goods and products abroad, you’ll need a shipping company as a business partner. There are different sorts of shipping services depending on your need. If you’re transporting a smaller item or are not sending items abroad frequently, air shipping would be your most workable option. However, if your business requires you to transport larger items and if you’re shipping items regularly, the more economical option of ocean shipping is highly recommended.
Do you have cargoes that need to be transported to different locations across the globe? Ocean shipping is the best means to accomplish this endeavor. Shipping by sea means that your cargo or items will be shipped in pallets, drums, or refrigerated and shipping containers. It depends on the kind of products that you want to send abroad. The amount of the goods you want to ship matters as well, whether they will fit in 20ft or 40ft containers.
Do business with a credible shipping company for whatever products that you plan to ship abroad, be it jewelry, clothing, antiques, fine art or furniture, electronics, auto parts or food items, among others. You’ll want to hire the services of an experienced shipping company that’ll deliver your goods safely and that they arrive in tact and in good condition. The company you’re hiring should be able to secure and pack your products and guarantee that they are kept in stable temperature when in transit and if needed.
When hiring your preferred shipping company to export your items, make sure to obtain sufficient information about it. You’ll want to guarantee that you’re making the best choice. In the process of transacting with a shipping company, ask the following 7 questions to make sure that you’ll get the quality and efficient service that you’re paying for.
- Is your company insured and bonded?
- Are you a licensed shipping company? Make sure that the company has been qualified by the United States Federal Maritime Commission (US FMC).
- Do your staff and crew have in-depth knowledge of import and export procedures? Do they thoroughly understand international customs and regulations?
- Is your staff skilled enough in packing and loading shipping containers so that the items are secured and they arrive intact and complete to their destination?
- Do your services include door-to-door pick up of cargo and delivery of the items?
- Is your company equipped with the necessary software and facilities such as a freight-tracking tool that provides updates about the status of the cargo while being transported?
- Does your facility include a cargo shipping quote so that customers can obtain free estimates of the charges for shipping to the targeted destination of the items?
Experience is the prime requirement for obtaining the best services from a shipping company. Be a bit finicky when asking for the details about the said company. Even if you’re paying a substantial amount of money, it’ll be worth it to “pay for quality” when hiring the services of an experienced and reliable shipping company.