Thick-wall foam shipping coolers make a most effective tool for Offshore Catering and Remote Site Caterer companies who provide food service to at-sea oil rigs, exploration platforms, or drilling sites. Caterers must have a way to ship both fresh and frozen foods to distant locations in a way that keeps costs low, profits high, all while maintaining highest quality. When choosing a foam shipping cooler provider, a company should have a guideline of requirements to ensure the best results.
Here are five factors that organizations can use for determining what brand of shipping cooler will best serve to improve their bottom line while enhancing end-user satisfaction.
- Manufacturing Flexibility – The provider or manufacturer should have a reasonable ability to adapt to unexpected logistical needs. As an example, if the offshore catering company finds itself in need of quick delivery of a couple thousand shipping coolers, they should be able to pick up the phone and work with the vendor to meet an unorthodox, agreed-upon deadline that might not necessarily fit into a convenient schedule. Of course, the caterer should also be understanding of the challenge being placed on the manufacturer and remain open to negotiating a practical agreement. Vendors who make no allowance for the sometimes unpredictable nature of the offshore catering business can cause major problems during unexpected crunch moments.
- Cost Effectiveness – Thick-walled foam coolers made to a higher standard of quality are a much better option than hard shell coolers that cost far more. The foam shippers are more cheaply replaceable if necessary. Because of their high quality, sometimes people take them home rather than return them to the caterer. Imagine how expensive it can become when having to replace a hard shell cooler that costs fifty times more than an EPS foam version.
- Reusability – The longer the insulated shipper can be used the larger its impact on the bottom line. Shippers made from expanded polystyrene can last for many years if their manufacturing standards are superior, this with the advantage of being recyclable.
- Food Safety – Better-made insulated foam shipping containers keep food and liquids safe from temperature fluctuations that contribute to the growth of dangerous germs and bacteria. Further, testing has shown that the surface of expanded polystyrene makes the spread of microbes difficult.
- Thermal Reliability – Unlike hard plastic or metal coolers, EPS container boxes do not have to be pre-cooled to temperature thanks to their space-age material construction. Given a three day period of comparison, a quality thick wall foam cooler will keep food and medicine as good or, often, better than common plastic and metal ones.
To summarize, thick-wall foam cooler ice chests and EPS foam shipping coolers provide the perfect, low-cost, microbe-safe, reusable, recyclable, and trustworthy thermal insulating food, beverage, and medicine transport protection for companies specializing in supply, resupplying, and transporting these products to offshore oil rigs, gas platforms, and deep-sea marine site development, as well as remote site services to land camps, well sites, and rigs in harsh, distant environments.